Windows XP Repair Installation
In talking about Windows XP Repair, you are frequently at the point of doing a repair installation. To begin this process you're going to need to find your original Windows XP CD.
Here are the steps you'll then need to take.
- Configure your computer to start up from the CD-ROM drive. This process varies computer to computer. You need to boot into the BIOS steup for your computer. This is typically done by pressing one of the function keys before your Windows opperating system kicks in. Watch the screen when your computer starts up, sometimes it will tell you what key to press.
- Now that you have set your computer to boot from the CD-ROM drive, put in your Windows XP CD and reboot.
- When you see the message "To setup Windows XP now", press enter to begin the process.
- NOTE: Do NOT press R to use the Recovery Console. The Recovery Console is for advanced system administrators only.
- After agreeing to the Windows XP licensing agreement you should your current installation of Windows XP selected. You can now press R to repair Windows XP.
- From here, you can simply follow the instructions on the screen.
Windows XP Tips and Info
Windows XP is the Microsoft opperating system that followed Windows 2000 and Windows ME, leveraging the strengths of those two opperating systems. To get a sense of what Microsoft highlights with Windows XP, you can look at their existing "Using Windows XP" page. At the top of the list is Digital photography. Followed by Games for Windows, Making movies, Music and video, TV and multimedia, Instant messaging and the list goes on. But that gives you an idea of priority of what XP is all about, media and online interaction.